Zedge is a cross platform discovery app for mobile content. The platform allows users to download these contents to their smartphones and mobile devices.
The mobile content includes
- Alert Tone
- App Icon for Android Phones
- Games for Android, Windows and IOS Platforms, etc.
They have recorded more than 200 million app installs and 30 million active monthly users on both Android and iOS devices. So if you are looking to customize and personalize your mobile phone, Zedge is the way to go.
What Zedge Offers Its Users
With this platform, you can
- Make your smartphone more personal
- Express your emotions and interest using wallpapers
- Determine what icon pack your phone will work with
- Show any number of widgets
- Have a variety of ringtones
- …and lots more…
It also provides smart suggestions for wallpaper, ringtone, and game downloads to users through a recommendation engine.
Who Should Use Zedge?
The human perception is a beauty that should be acknowledged no matter the topic being discussed or viewed. I could just say the entire world, but that would be an exaggeration. Zedge isn’t limited to any gender, race or personality. It is also not limited by time, rather by the uniqueness being searched for.
- Practically, this platform would serve as a good tool to an artist who wants to reach out to the world by expressing his/her art. It is either the artist creates and submits tons of wallpapers with lovely design to the Zedge platform or use it as a way to express this art on their device.
- It would also serve a team of designers, as a platform for expression
- It can also help brands to establish and gain additional insight, by giving fans and customers a seamless way to personalize their phones.
Concerns about Zedge
It is also no news that the app is banned from iTunes because of copyright issue but their ringtones & wallpapers can still be used by iOS device owners.
To say but the least yet the developers of Zedge are still on with their business minds. They recently released an update to the Zedge 4.0. The developers brought an overhaul to the existing design alongside, a few new features to the app interface.
At the end of the day, this update might just be what they need to put the supposed iTunes “legal” platforms at the back sit. This is because, with these new features, more content can be reached faster than the previous design