Instagram followers can be gotten for FREE…Are you just signing up on Instagram? Sure, I understand that posting pictures can really be frustrating. After all your anticipation and effort are met by nothing more than just few likes from a few of followers, it becomes very easy to get depressed, in as much as you have the knowledge on benefits of social media marketing, which are ahead of you if you can get success with your initiative.
This very brief article will assist by giving you a lot of ideas for increasing your Instagram followers and getting them to react or interact with your posts. Note that most of the ideas that will be shared with you are emphasis more on increasing likes and comments (engagement), and here are some reasons why lasting engagement naturally leads to followers.
While you apply these strategies below on growing your Instagram followers, remember that there’s no replacement for regularly posting attractive, creative and important images that your audience loves. Make use of the tips below profusely; just keep in mind that engagement should always be your fundamental goal.
Tips to Grow Instagram Followers
- Make use of hashtags which are known to help increase followers: Examples: #FF (Follow Friday), #instafollow, #l4l (Like for like), #tagforlikes and #followback.
- One good turn they say deserves another, ensure you like hundreds of random pictures from people in your target audience. According to “Neil Patel” who has used this strategy and discovered that for each 100 likes he did of random photos, he received 6.1 more followers.
- Organise a contest on Instagram. The simplest way to carry this out is to post an image promoting the contest and then ask people to like it in order to enter.
- Advertise or promote your Instagram account on your other social media accounts and profiles such as facebook, tweeter, linkin and many more. Leting people know what should expect once they’re following you (Example., behind-the-scenes photos, sneak peeks, coupons, etc.)
- Make sure you like and comment on other users’ photos as this is the most natural way to get new followers.
- Make use of very popular hashtags so your images get found in search. Here are some of the most common ones #love, #instagood, #tbt and #photooftheday.
- Post photos at 2am or 5pm as research has confirmed that these are the most effective times to post.
- Search for and follow people who are using popular hashtags like #followme and #likeforlike. Many will follow you back!
- Keep in mind that quantity can never beat the quality. Make sure you edit your account to leave only the best quality images. Nobody would want to follow someone with thousands of pointless images of food or other random shots.
- Implement the Mayfair filter. Conferring to Track Maven’s Affluence 500 Instagram Report, it’s the only most effective filter for marketers.
- Ensure your biography is complete and always up to date. Use important keywords and hashtags, and a link back to your site. Above all, don’t attempt to be spammy; this is an assurance that no one who reads your profile will follow you!
- In the captions of your photos, ask questions. This is a great way to increase people’s reaction (comments).
- Try to always post on Sundays: Sundays see the fewest images posted, so posting then has every tendency to get your images more visibility.
If you have any other tips that has worked for you in getting Instagram followers? You are free to share with us in the comment box.