Cloud computing is an internet computing service that is been provided to distribute several resources (data) to computer devices. It provides computing services which may include most of the well know ones like;
Unlike apps which we know could be provided by a particular organization or company, Cloud computing is different and is being provided by several companies which are tagged as “Cloud providers”.
Mind you, the services rendered by these Cloud providers are not free. You get to pay for them according to the capacity at which they are being used.
Brief On Cloud Computing
You may be ignorant on how Cloud computing works but news flash, for the fact you embrace or make use of internet services, there is every tendency you make use of Cloud computing even without knowing. This service backs up most of our online services even without our knowledge. Be it saving of files, watching videos, playing games etc… So long you use an online service for them.
Highlights On The Use Of Cloud Computing
This service enables you to do several things which are internet directed and these include;
- Hosting of your blogs
- Hosting of your websites
- Creation of apps
- Creation of services
- Video streaming
- Audio streaming
- Data analysis
- Software delivery
- Data recovery, storage and back up
Cool right? This may just be all you need to hear right now to help you do any of the above.
Attributes Of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is now been acceptable mostly by organizations around the world. Now let’s know the “why” behind that. Far from all that has been highlighted earlier about this service, Clouding computing is beneficial in the following ways.
- This service is bankable. That is, it can be relied on because of its continuous data recovery and backup.
- Cloud computing is fruitful in the sense that, it eliminates the necessity for doing certain tasks that may be time consuming e.g. software patching thereby, saving you time.
- This services function on worldwide networks and are being upgraded from time to time to the generation of efficient computer hardware in vogue.
- It increases the flexibility of activities and can accomplish a wide number of computer tasks in no time. That is to say, it has great speed.
- It saves the cost of purchasing software and hardware, setting them up and running them.
Cloud computing also has several types of services which are;
- IaaS(Infrastructure as a service)
- PaaS(Platform as a service)
- SaaS(Software as a service)
Classification Of Clouds
Clouds have certain classifications and are in three(3) forms which are;
- PRIVATE CLOUD- For single organizations and businesses
- PUBLIC CLOUD- For third-party users like people who make use of the net.
- HYBRID CLOUD- It is a combination of private and public clouds and allows for data flow between them.